Wednesday 24 November 2010

Pineapple curry

This is authentic Thai dish. I haven't had it for years.You can hardly find this dish in resturant. I'm not quite sure why. It'd be because it's not popular. Nowadays seem like most of people' diet have changed. The nutritious meal are replaced with fast food and junk food.

I made this dish today and it took me back to my childhood. My grandmother used to always make it. I love the juiciness and sweetness from pineapple and I'd like to share it with you.




Pineapple curry

Serves : 2

Ingredients

1/2 pineapple, cut into small cubes and 4 times washed
100g pork belly, thick sliced
2 tbsp red curry paste
300ml coconut milk
4 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sugar


Method

1. Put 1/4 coconut milk and red curry paste in a pan on medium heat. Keep stirring the curry paste with coconut milk for 2 mins until bubbling.


2. Put pork belly and keep stirring until cooked.



3. Put pineapple in.



4. Pour the rest of coconut milk in and stir well. Leave it to simmer for 7-10 mins or until pineapple softened.


5. Seasoning with sugar and fish sauce then put sliced kaffir lime leaf last. Mix well.



6. Serve hot with rice.

Enjoy xx

แกงสับปะรด

No comments:

Post a Comment